[none]

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:06:19 -0400 (EDT)

Phillip Hibbs wronte:
<< Can anyone think of any myths that link Xiola Umbar and the Orlanth pantheon? There is an XU enlo in the game that I'm in that wants to become an Uz, but he's been hanging around a load of Orlanthi a lot (one of the hazards of being a PC) and is angling for some kind of excuse for this disgraceful un-Uz behaviour.>>

   I don't have _The Broken Council_ handy -- Charmilla Softspeak was in conflict with Ralian Orlanthi, I think (but could be wrong), and there's room there for a myth (she gets pegged as surviving until the Third Age in BoDR:D, so she must have resolved it somehow, and possibly to both parties benefit after D'Wargon was born) But this might not work, and it might be limited to Halikiv. The Yolpers might have a good one, too, since they love ol' Windy, but this might not be useful either.

   There might logically be a myth of mediation, when XU soothed Orlanth after ZZ bezerkered by? That certain fits the tradition of both troll cults, and fits Sartar decently (ZZs raid, Orlanthi raid, XU calms things down).

   There's probably some troll myth explaining where this white-robed bunch o' hoomans came from that can heal, and how it was a troll power that Orlanth stole for 'em or something -- XU as the source of healing that others learned. Nice n' narrowminded.

I suspect none of this may be useful, though. :(

James Frusetta, UMCP History Department		gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu
      "We hate the motherf***ing sun." -- Rob Zombie