Re: Aeolians

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:53:42 -0700

Petteri wondered

> I have a hard time to understand how the aeolins
> get along whit the "true" orlanth people who live also in the heorland.

Orlanthi are fairly pragmatic. They don't like sorcerers, but as long as the sorcerers aren't directly bothering them, there's no problem. You might steal their cows in preference to someone else's cows, but it's nothing personal.

If the Aeolians are the evil overlords, then you hate them because they're overlords.

Don't think of the Orlanthi as rabid -- the recent Lunar hatred is because of various recent circumstances, and was easy to fan because of the purported Chaos connection.

Remember, the Orlanthi were the big movers and shakers behind much of the Unity Council, and were perfectly willing to ally with the sorcery-using Arkat in the First age and dragons in the Second age.