Fod Ariam

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:23:52 +0100

Nick Responds to Keith
>Keith enthuses:
>
>> So who did Fod award the Silver Quill to? And did he get anywhere with
>> Jar Eel? Can he lend me his copy of the Seleric Verses, or any other
>> blasphemous texts?
>
>I can't help with those questions, but I can throw in some Authors' Notes.

Fod awarded the Silver Quill to Jar Eel - not that it did him any good[1] (I think I managed ohh - about 10 seconds of conversation with her when there weren't at least two other people also talking to her, which did make it a bit tricky). Mind you, I think it took me until the post game briefing to award the prize anyway - most of the capitol seemed more concerned about the two diametrically opposed emperors that were competing to be recognised as Moonson....

While I would be happy to lend copies of any texts to serious students, the Cenobites of Danfive Xaron seem, for some reason, to take a dim view of certain texts being made available.... (though I did manage to avoid making any of them a judge for the Silver Quill)

>Fod-Ariam's was first played by Peter Metcalfe, which explains one of his
>power cards (not on my website):
>
>: Flames of Wisdom
>: A by-product of the Torch of Knowledge: you can launch scathing
>: criticisms of anyone, for any reason, even if utterly unprovoked
>: and uncalled-for. Anyone "flamed" by you will retire, hurt, from
>: the bruising encounter, and will be unable to interact with you
>: for fifteen minutes thereafter.
>
>Yes, we *do* enjoy writing these games...

I enjoyed playing that particular card, although maybe flaming a tax inspector in front of the entire senate may not have been the wisest move

[1] I did have more luck(?) with the Countess of Spol, in her disguise - possibly being one of her first "conquests". She was played by Suzanne Corteau, with great gusto and enthusiasm. The encounter took place in the Corridor upstairs next to the panels, and cause one attendee to stick his head out to see what was going on (and whether he could join in....)
- --

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |