Re: HQ Time Travel

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 20:08:10 +0100

Nikk writes:

> ... one of the things that confuses me about HeroQuesting. I never
> used to think HeroQuesting was time travel ... However, recently
> reading HeroQuest seminars from Greg etc... seems to indicate
> differently. Personally I don't like this idea.

I'm with Nikk on this one. The "chronoportation to participate in historical events" and "maybe your arch-enemy comes from some other period of history" notions are IMO poorly thought through. When Greg was struggling to explain the latter to a largely sympathetic audience at the last Tentacle-Con, he eventually admitted that there were no examples of this occurring in Gloranthan history or in his own gaming, as it was something he had never gotten off the drawing board. Looking at it, I can see why.

Thanks for the kind words about the site, BTW.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick