Trolltalk

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 05:40:11 EST

In a message dated 11/4/99 7:53:28PM, you write:

<< This would be a particularly disappointing process since notable parts of  troll language are gangster slang from old movies... basically Chicago  slum argot circa 1930. The prime example is 'Dagori Inkarth', which is  'Da (the) gory ink earth' and is actually translated in the books as 'the  bloody, black ground'. 'Uz' is 'us', and 'you' is probably 'yuz' or 'yuz  gyz'. >>

The first Uz to emerge into the Hurtplace would presumably said something like "Top of the woyld ma, top of the woyld.". Not being an expert on Chicago slum argot circa 1930 I can't think of any other things trolls might say. Can I hazard a guess that Catch-a-Cab Braineater thought that rank was important and wouldn't go south of the Creek Stream River at this time of day?

Keith N