3 eyes good, dozens better

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:56:22 +0800

>David Cake:
>
>Me>>The third eyes of Hwarin Dalthippa, Yara Aranis, Solar Storm and
>>>the Crimson Bat are a sign of enlightenment/illumination etc.
>
>> And what do the fourth, fifth, sixth, etc eyes of the Crimson Bat
>>symbolise?
>
>Its multiple enlightenments using slightly different traditions?

        There are at least dozens, possibly even hundreds, of eyes on the bat is my understanding - I don't think the bat is THAT enlightened (especially as it gained all but the first two eyes in one incident - surely the goddess enlightened it but once?). As we also have an alternative explanation for its many eyes (that they are symbolic of the stars), that remains my preferred explanation. Of course, that doesn't mean that its multiple eyes aren't symbolic of its illumination as well, but in the matter of eye symbolism, I think the bat is unique.

	Cheers
		David