Re: Hero Wars, Orlanthi Sexism, and the solution...

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:47:02 EST

In a message dated 18/11/99 05:10:10 GMT, you write: Rick Meints:

<< To help set the record straight, Hero Wars does (last time I read the
draft)
 specifically state that the special requirement for joing the cult of Orlanth,
 including its aspects (Adventurous, Rex, Thunderous, Urox) is "open to  males only". Note that none of the other lightbringers have such a restriction.>>

     To clarify my own message in light of the above; Greg's comment about Orlanth being available to women was made after the Beta draft was released, and was CC'ed to the editor. So it most likely has changed, although I don't expect any details of how women interact with Orlanth in the rulebook itself; my guess is that they will be reserved for the Orlanthi Book.

<<Greg is the first one to point out that the word "All" in Orlanthi society
means
only 80 percent compliance. Live gloriously in the 20 percent minority.>>

     Indeed; I am sure this is all Greg is referring to when he says women can join the Orlanth cult. Very few would actually do so!

Trotsky