Don't need men...

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:55:54 +0000

Jane Williams

> A very tentative thought, BTW, in the interests of equality. If Nandan
> exists, the opposite might also exist. Given Nandan's origins (group of
> men with no women trying to produce children), I would guess that a
> female equivalent would be most likely to emerge in an area that had
> just been deprived of all its men. Not just "most", but ALL. One man to
> 100 women would be enough to continue breeding, after all.

I don't think that's necessary. The really old Earth Cult secrets include parthenogenic birth, without any need of male fertilisation. Rather than burden a woman with unnecessary external organs, go back to the Old Time.

In Esrolia, there could be rites where women "loan" the organs for reproduction. They might even return them (in a jar).