Sorcerous initiates

From: NFranz197_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:02:58 EST

Hi to all of you,

    since last Sunday I have a new PC in my campaign, who is, technically (according to as yet unmodified RQ3 rules), an apprentice of a Malkioni sorcerer. This character was born and raised as a member of the Henotheist Church of Azilos, which allows for rune magic from a host of Orlanthi deities, and for relatively free changing in between the four Malkioni-style castes. His master was a liberal and learned Stygian Malkioni, as well, and just died in an accident. Currently, the character is travelling with my group of PCs from the easternmost corner of Belstos through Naskorion to the Delela region of Ralios. The time on Glorantha is the spring of 1621. The player of that character asked me whether his character could become an initiate of Orlanth of Humath anytime soon. I pointed out to him that this was a definite NO GO, at least as far as the die-hard, tribal Orlanthi of Delela were concerned, but there was probably a slight chance of attaining something close to initiatehood in one of the Stygian churches of Safelster, probably even the Henotheist Church of Azilos itself. Again, I read that the Otkorioni Church of Bishop Surantyr has special orders of sorcery-using Orlanth- or Humath-worshippers, but that is not in the direction the group is headed at this time, and the Styigian church of Naskorion hasn't officially been founded, yet (I read that it was founded in 1625 ...). Since the character has no other master to train him at this time, he is currently on a quest for a new qualified adept, but he is about equally as interested in gaining some Humath rune magic. So far, he is only used to using standard Western sorcery spells. How could his wish be pursued?

Norbert