RQ3 rules questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:21:48 +1300

David Fiorito:

>Ok. In the old days all Battlemagic spells had a cost. In RQ3 we have
>this new system of defeating a spirit to gain a spell. The question is
>- how much do Shamen charge for this service?

As much as they want. Most shamans primarily reckon in services (go kill those bandits) rather than hard cash.

>Also if you are an initiate of a cult and that cult has some spirit magic
>listed as being available how much do you have to pay to get the priest to
>throw Spell Teaching?

Spell Teaching is a Rune Magic spell in RQ3 (cf Gods of Glorantha). The cost for the spell is listed as being 30p + one per point of spell if you are an initiate and goes up to 100p + 50 per point if merely an associate initiate. These prices are too low compared to what's available in adventures (primarily as a result of the higher cash flows of RQ2).

>And what about the cost of increasing characteristics?

According to the RQ3 rules, about 1 penny per hour of training is the base price but I would normally hike those prices up to daylight robbery levels.