Infinity for Uleria

From: Robert Stancliff <stancliff_at_ccgnv.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:42:22 -0500

>> I don't follow your logic here. Why would owning the Fertility
>> rune give Uleria the Infinity rune instead of a second Fertility rune?
>
>Conventionally, a doubled rune (e.g. Orlanth's Storm rune, Yelm's Sun rune)
>indicates the current owner of a rune; a single rune plus Infinity (with no
>other runic associations) indicates the original owner of a rune.

    The original gods of the various Runes, were considered to possess that power at the maximum or infinite level, so the Infinity Rune is associated with each of these gods to reflect their strength. This is an agreement between Greg and the game designers, and is always the way that these god's runes are depicted.

    As the gods distributed portions of their powers to their offspring they grew weaker, the offspring gods gained control of the rune, the original god was killed, or they lost their identity and were reidentified as a weaker god. In each case the new owner of the rune did not have the ultimate strength of the original owner, so they are depicted with a double rune to show that they possess it at a stronger level than any other holder of that rune.

    Uleria is the only member of the original Celestial Court who still lives and has her strength intact. It is possible that she could not devolve her powers the way the other gods did, or as often, because she is too busy holding the Disorder of the Boggles at bay. Bob Stancliff