Re: KoDP

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:41:35 -0800

Philip Hibbs wondered:

> Help, I keep running out of sheep! Is there any way of acquiring more sheep,
> other than raiding, or editing the game save file? :)

Steal your neighbor's goats and file off the horns?

Just added to the FAQ: "There are no routine sheep markets in Dragon Pass, but your clan trader will make sure you don't run out. Cattle raiders will also capture sheep, especially when you're low."

Alex Ferguson reveals the trials of beta testing:

> I went Right Off the idea of playing a Peace Clan when I ran into the
> 'losing by doing too well' scenario; in an early-ish beta version,
> it was more or less inevitable that your clan split when you reach
> 1200+ people, and when it did, your clan automagically split on
> unsustainable lines. (Too few adults, two many children, principally.)
> I think David said this had been since tinkered with, but I've been too
> paranoid to play a Peace Clan since...

Yes, that was fixed. (I can find the bug tracking number if you're really curious...)

Jose Ramos added:

> I suppose once you are in the race for kingdom of Dragon Pass, age
> alone cannot kill you. My Tribal King became King of Dragon Pass at 69,
> after being king for 29 years, and he was the only survivor of the original
> ring.

Where would be the drama in dying of old age, just as you were about to wed?

> Trading trick. In the Issaries the Conciliator HQ, to avoid being
> wounded at the end, choose trade treasures, but trade the tiger eyenecklace
> you got before. In that way you do not end neck-deep in them.

Sounds like you haven't installed the 1.1 update... You might miss this loophole, but there are a few situations that work much better with the newer version.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_a-sharp.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.