Boxed Set; Griselda

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:15:43 -0000

Paul wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out why "Glorantha, Introduction to
> the Hero Wars" is being released prior to "Deluxe Hero Wars Boxed
> Set".

Me, too. It sprained my brain when Greg announced this as the plan in Germany last summer. ("First, we release book one. Then, we release book two. Finally, we release the boxed set of books one *and* two"). And it still does, to some extent. Which is why I asked if there would be anything in the box that isn't in the two books (other than the box itself, of course).

And apparently there will be: two maps, scenarios, character sheets, etc. (Source: http://www.glorantha.com/products/9901.html). Which sprains my brain again.

I think I'll wait 'til the box comes out before I buy anything, in case I miss any nice-to-have game components. I think it's kinda weird to be in this position. Maybe Issaries can explain this: I can't.

Derek asked:

> I'm looking for a copy of "The Collected Griselda" to help in
> completing my collection of books. Does anyone have a copy they
> would like to part with, or know of where I could find one?

"The Collected Griselda" is listed as the second book in Issaries, Inc's line of Gloranthan fiction at
http://www.glorantha.com/products/future-plans.html. But it *is* alongside 36 other products, none of which yet exist.

Bizarrely enough, it's also listed on amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1898190003/qid=945467921/sr=1-17/02 6-2292954-1485010 (if this link works)

They reckon they can get copies in 4-6 weeks: God only knows how! But if you're willing to be disappointed in a couple of months time, you could always try ordering one. Let us know if anything comes of it!

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick