Re: Zero

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 13:32:06 +0100

Andrew Larsen:

> Returning this whole discussion to Glorantha, how do Gloranthans
> count? Do most Gloranthans have a concept of zero? Obviously the Lunars
> do, since they have a Zero Wane, but somehow I doubt that the Sartarites
> really use the idea (given that none of the analagous RW cultures for them
> had the concept). What about the Malkioni and Kralorelans?
> How would the concept of zero translate into Gloranthan terms?

In the Vithelan mythology, the high god Korudel, the divine architect is also the god of mathematics. The numerical version of the Vithelan cosmogony contains a zero, so I am certain that zero is known to the scholars of the east.

/Nils W

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com