Re: Teshnos

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:18:19 +0100

Gian Gero:

> In my tentacular campaign, I ventured to Teshnos. I assumed they (the
> Teshnan) are a crossing breed between the mystics (east) and the Theistic
> (west).

That's reasonable. I think they are more theist than mystic, but they are undoubtedly influenced by their neighbours.

> I refused the simple equivalence such as Somash=Yelm,
> ZitroArgon=Dayzatar etc. They are 5 gods, but also 5 principles and aspects
> of the same deity- i.e. Teshnos LandGod.

I think both are true, i.e. the god learnerish correspondences work and these gods are aspects of the One Fire to Teshnans.

> Do you think that there is a connection between Melib and the amazons of
> Trowjang? The former worship Calyz (Teshnan), the latter worship Tolat
> (=Shargash), but they should be enemies even if they could ally if
> threatened by Pubnashab and Garusharp. I do not think it's possible, because
> the Vessel of Light and his General have no navy, but with elven help...
> I also assumed that Harstar of the Sea (and this was one of his greatest
> sins) associated himself with the Vadeli! Or at least tolerates their
> presence in order to obtain their marine skills.

Also neat ideas. I agree that Harstar may be ruthless enough to ally with both Vadeli and amazons if need be.

Nils Weinander

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com