Valkaro

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:44:02 +1300

Keith Nellist:

>I am not quite clear how the Godlearner study of Vithelan myths would
>lead Valkaro to become a 'sorcerer-ruler heretic' but am happy to go
>along with it.

There was a school among the God Learners known as the Mystical Synthesis School that collated all the myths to arrive at the monomyth. Undoubtedly most Malkioni myths passed muster, save for the mythology preserved by heretics etc., but there always was room for doubt especially if one felt sympathetic to a faction that had recently been defeated and found seemingly independant confirmation thereof.

>Presumably the caste commitee at the 5th Council reviewed some
>alternative 'caste myths' to get to the 'godlearner basics' and
>Valkaro, studying East Isles stuff, became convinced.

The Caste committees are a freeform invention, designed to make the handling of theological issues much easier, or so I've been told. Normally the questions would have been dealt with by the whole conference with delegates asking questions and making statements from the floor.