Kralorela.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:15:48 GMT

TERRA INCOGNITA:
> I still want information only GTA memberhood Hero available Eastern
> Dictionary:
> what is the basis of secret leakage in digest? Mr. Alex Ferguson?

I'm not sure I understand: are you looking for comments on existing 'leaks', or asking for there to be more? Hey, I don't want to devalue the stock of 'Herodom' too much: a few more signups and there might be the dosh for a Kralorela book! (Yay.)

> I cannot distinguish recent gregging source and abandoned material

I'd say the only significant Gregging has been in the idea of Daruda being, rather than the 'inventor' of the draconic tradition, the person we rediscovers it, and hence the Draconic identities of the first two emperors, TarnGatHa and HeenMaRoun (note that the NiangNao article doesn't belabour this point, as it's not written from a Darudist perspective); and the names (in cases where a Kralori name has been discovered, there being before only an English translation (or indicative paraphrase), or named after a 'cognate' deity (for example, 'Gorgorma'). At the risk of wearing an old groove deeper, I'd say these were understandable changes given the move from the GLish perspective the GoG and other sources of that vintage, to something more in line with native Kralori beliefs.

> AFAIK, Peter Metcalph plans Kralorelan Timeline table and chronology,
> doesn't he?

And if not, why not! (Not volunteering to do such a thing myself appeals to both my lethargic streak, and the notion of Plausible Deniability...)

> Kralorelan Prosopaedia
> source:CofHW, Sheng Seleris in G Con Compendium4
> Gods of Glorantha, Great Sages in Ye Booke of Tentacles2
> Missingland, Greg Sez! and some web information

Your compilation efforts seem pretty sound, by and large. I should really see about getting some sort of Webbed-up version of current thinking on Kralorela, I know.

> Emperors:
> TarnGatHa(eastern name: Vith): first light

Some light connotations, but principally first of the Ancestral Dracons. (c.f. the draconic scheme in Elder Secrets).

> HeeMaRoun(western name: Yelm, eastern name: Goneramen): Sun over Shanshan
> Mountain (in Ye Booke of Tentacle#2)

While vaguely celestial, I don't think HeenMaRoun is really a Sun, like Yelm; he's related mainly in the 'Illuminated Ruler' sort of sense. (Though the method is not Illumination, and the comparison is flawed because Yelm is Illuminated much 'later', mythically, but I think that's the general flavour of the comparison.

> Thalurzni: civic war after darudaism

Not sure what the reference is here.

> made afterlife land in Vithela(CofHW)

This was either he, or Daruda, or perhaps both, in some sense.

> Yanoor: transformed into dragon imperfectly by invasion of Godlearners

To put it in Crudely Materialist terms: he killed himself.

> Godunya: enthroned in Celestial War, conflict with Sheng Seleris

Yes, the 'War in Heaven' (that is, in Kralorela...).

> made magical bridges? (pharaoh Belintar modelled this work?)

I doubt they're a direct model, but one never knows... Belintar's bridges are, to coin a phrase, to get to the other side; Godunya's are for somewhat more grandiose purposes (as well as being on a highly grandiose scale).

> Aptanace: original civilizedman (grandfather mortal?)

Usually Wild Man (his dad) would be equated with Grandfather Mortal.

> Rice Mother: daughter of Shavaya?, grain goddess

GoG says _discovered by_ a daughter of Shavaya.

> Gorgorma?: rebellous farmer goddess? gregged?

Not Gregged, though 'renamed'.

> Blue Dragon of Deep (eastern name: Harantara): connected to Zabdamar Race,

Kralori name is Thrunhin Da (Elder Secrets). The Zabdamar worship Harantara as an ancestress, though the (kralori) Cult of Orca learned from Thrunhin Da how to fight them.

Hope that all helped somewhat.

Cheers,
Alex.