More Mostali Paranoia

From: richc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:02:54 +0000

Another dwarf - Paranoia parallel: I seem to recall that everyone in Paranoia is a member of one or other secret society. Similarly (perhaps) it seems every dwarf stands somewhere on one (or more) continuum from orthodoxy to heresy.

I certainly plan to use the Gemborg evacuationist idea someone posted recently.

I wonder how openly the various heresies are expressed. I see Gemborg as divided between openhandists  and traditionalists and between shitters and squatters in the way that the apparat of the former Soviet Union was split between supporters of various Politbureau factions. Perhaps the evacuate-or-stay- put-debate is somewhat more openly expressed than open-handist-vs-traditionalist-debate and tendancies toward individualism or vegetarianism are positively underground (sorry!). Where does octamonism stand?

P.S. given the revulsion most dwarfs feel about the reproductive act, I guess they have a pretty heavy taboo about nakedness?

Richard Crawley
"We are the , a race so advanced that our name cannot be pronounced."