RE: Describing HeroWars...

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:34:46 -0000

>Partly true, but I suspect that the real reason for secrecy at this point
>is more a desire not to piss off the folks that paid for access rather than
>fear that the rules would be too widely distributed.

I'm quite sure than no-one shelled out a hundred bucks *just* to get a sneak preview of a game. We stumped up the cash in order to ensure that the game actually got published. There may be a few that would be annoyed if their "privilege" were made open to all, but they're certainly in the minority, and to them, I'd say "get a life".

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.