Re: Perceptions of other gods

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:16:27 -0700

Nick Brooke wrote

> I find it helps to think of the Proxies as ... stunt doubles.

Great analogy!

Richard Develyn

> Ok, it's just this one I don't fully understand.
>
> The Malkioni accepts that there is another source of magic available, which
> works, but which derives from other gods.

The problem is that "god" is such a convenient shorthand for "powerful otherworld being," which I suspect most Malkioni would agree with (with the caveat of adding some sort of negative adjective). There *are* no other gods than the Creator.

Some Malkioni might say that the "gods" are servants of the Invisible God, or some weird sort of lesser aspect of Him, or simply beings placed in Glorantha for us to make use of. But they are not in the same category at all (despite the similarity of the descriptive term).