Disease

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_mail.bol.bg>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:52:55 +0200

"Terra Incognita" wrote:

> In RW, many historical changes (with Many Death) occured with
> Diseases: FREX, BLACK DEATH PESTILENCE (Asia to Europe) made
> Centralization of Power from Feudalism (I dare to misinterpretation
> of word "Feud" as small-scale conflict again.) Syphilis (New World
> to Old World) was exchanged of Smallpox (Old World to
> New World)

And an interesting, lesser-known example, too: European empires had a pretty tough time "formally" conquering certain regions of the world (e.g., sub-Saharan Africa) that had nasty local diseases. No use totin' that repeating rifle without some quinine!

Which suggests that, somewhere in Glorantha, there's a weak people sacrificing to Malia for immunity, then keeping Really Nasty disease spirits widely present in their lands to keep out their Evil Neighbors.