Fan productions and GS

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_viewgate.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:13:38 +0100

Nick wrote:

>Somebody tell me: why did we bother?

Do you imagine Issaries would have raised $50,000 if it wasn't for you (and people like you)?

I think you guys did an LBQ and brought Greg Yelmafford back.

re: Retconning and GS

My theory about this is more cock-up than conspiracy based. I believe HW promises to tie an awful lot of loose ends up. At least, as far as I understand, Glorantha will become less ambiguous, more consistent, and more will have to 'fit' to whatever the grand plan is (and my guess is that this grand plan doesn't fully exist yet).

That's a mile away from how things have been for the last - well, maybe ever.

As anyone who has ever had to put together a dissertation knows, it's one thing to write a million words of notes, quite another to present them in a clear consistent manner. I think GS has got quite a task on his hands so I think we should cut him a bit of slack. However I don't think he should forget the work you guys have done and, if at all possible, assimilate it, but it wouldn't surprise me if on the road to greater consistency a number of things written by him or anyone else have to get jettisoned.

But that's just my theory.

Richard