Kralorela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 16:07:01 +1200

David Cake:

> >>At least, let there be a War Lord or two?

> >Like the ArchExarch of War, you mean?

> You really need the two Warlords. And on different sides.

Probably add in CanShu then and paint up the impending conflict.

> (and arguably the ArchExarch is not a warlord - the term implies
>some civil authority as well as military command,

If he has civil authority (perhaps like Ludendorff did during the Great War), then the Mandarins would hate him (if they didn't already). More reason for them to support Yao Fune's "No More War" plan.

>not all
>warleaders/military commanders are warlords - certainly the connotations of
>the term warlord are that the authority of the warlord is directly
>connected to an army in close proximty, rather than from central government
>authority)

But the ArchExarch has been a serving soldier whereas his title implies that he should really be a dignified minister. Hence I think of the ArchExarch as a decorated general who has acquired so much prestige that they just had to make him ArchExarch.

Now because of his arrogance and dictatorial style, they are trying to push him Onwards and his authority has been declining for a few years.