LoM - Argenteus' dad

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:26:01 +0100

Martin wrote:

> If I recall correctly the Satrap of "kostaddi" (the fellow who buggered
> off to the cinema half way through the game) was the father of Argenteus.
> It seemed like he was still his son to him. These are the impressions I
> got.

Hmm. I think you're talking about the Provincial Overseer, Appius Luxius. His character sheet is available on-line for your perusal, at:

        http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Moonie/Moonson/appius.htm

Yes, in our game we had Appius as the father of the person whose body now bears the Mask of Argenteus. It was our way of twisting rumours that Appius is one of the Emperor's sons (cf. Genertela Book): that's *almost* right, only they got it the wrong way round. (Compare and contrast with our irascible hypochondriac, Quinscion the "Patient").

One of his Secrets is:

And one of his Objectives is:

Clearly a player who blatantly lets this cat out of the bag and then buggers off to the flicks is not doing his best to join in with "Life of Moonson" and role-play his character to the hilt.

I don't think that makes LoM a poorer game: it's always unfortunate when people don't enjoy freeform games, but de gustibus...

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #617