Re: Nuremberg & various responses

From: Danny Mr <ad236_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:41:08 +0100

Tony said:
>Speaking of which, isn't it just a teensy stretch to compare acceding to
>the stated wishes of one's editor on a work of fantasy to justifying one's
>participation in the torture and murder of millions of people? Everyone
>loves a good metaphor, but that particular one has ugly and utterly
>unjustified undertones for this situation.

I don't think anyone's trying to compare like with like, it's simply that Nuremburg Defence is the title that's used whenever someone says I'm doing what I'm told, even though I don't want to do it kind of thing. Like Cach-22, it's something that's come into our language recently.

On a different note I'd like to break rule one totally by agreeing completely with Eric in his posts in 636 and I do feel that sometimes people on the digest (and I include myself) do not realise just what it's like from the company POV. I feel that people like Eric get all the vitriol with precious little of the praise for their efforts, poor bastard. Beer's on me at Convulsion, Eric. (Spilled down me, that is)