Throwing the babies out with the bathwater

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_viewgate.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:20:43 +0100

From: "Meints, Richard (R.J.)" <rmeints_at_ford.com>

>There is a small group of brilliant, outspoken, scholarly writers
>Getting ignored or contradicted doesn't sit well with them.
>They feel that what they have done and/or what they want
>to do in the future doesn't fit into the plans of Issaries Inc.

Adding to this:

I feel this whole debate has arisen from a failure to communicate rather than because any particular Gloranthan writing is sacrosanct (GAG, One True Glorantha, or whatever).

I think the various scholarly writers you're referring to would have been more than happy to retcon all their own work away if they had been consulted and invited to do so.

I think they *want* to participate and I think they've been offended. I think Glorantha will be the poorer without them so I hope that Greg will include them in Glorantha's future.

Maybe Greg is worried he'd have a fight on his hands - these guys have got pretty strong personalities after all. However you can't turn away reams of expertise and creative input and I'm sure everyone accepts Greg's overall authority. It should be possible to work something out - I just hope the energy and the will is there to do it.

Richard