Our Lady In Red

From: simon_hibbs_at_lycosmail.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:38:22 -0400 (EDT)

Philip Hibbs saya :

> .....Most divine
>happenings seem to require some form of HeroQuesting, and even when they don't,
>HQing can cause/change/stop them. Also, as has been said before, Teelo Norri
>was sacrificed to become the Red Goddess, so the sacrificing of the candidate
>to become Moonson seemed logical.

Argh... to think that my own flesh and blood could propagate such heresy!

As any illuminate knows, the divine spark lies within us all. We would say that the orphan Teelo discovered in the course of the ritual how to cast aside her mortality and reveal her eternal divine spirit.

Try a modern scientific analogy. The Lunars believe that one of the seven portions of a whole being is the Great Self. Most mortals do not have an awakened Great Self. Think of it as being indeterminate in the same way that the states of elementary particles in Quantum Mechanics are said to be indeterminate. It has a value, but it is meaningless to say what that value is untill it is determined. To say whether a particle had this or that spin before it was measured and the spin was determined has no meaning in Quantum Mechanics.

So it is with the Great Self. The Great Self of Teelo Nori was determined to be that of The Goddess. If the Life of Moonson model is followed for the Red Emperor, the candidate who becomes emperor discovers that his Great Self is that of Takenegi. To say whether it was or was not so before the Great Self was revealed is of no real meaning in mystical philosophy. What is, _IS_.

This is why I fail to see why the LoM model of the emperor is inconsistent with his 'Single Nature', or whatever.

Simon Hibbs