RE: Everway cards for Glorantha

From: Russell Hoyle <rsimonh_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:33:15 +0800

> From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
> I did a set of Trumps based on the non-elemental runes
> (listed below) and five suits of seven cards each based on the Elemental
> Pantheons including Lunars.

[cut for brevity...will spend time on the trumps later]

Michael, how do you mean the Lunars were included in the suits? Surely you used Storm-Air/Sky-Fire/Earth/Sea/Darkness ?? Or was it that each suit had a card from each pantheon (now I'm getting confused)?

While I recognise that various of these suits might be excluded by different peoples, I wanted the *most* generic (within Glorantha) set I could find. Your deck actually sounds more like a SAGA deck....how were the suit-cards numbered? Did they have unique illustrations and characteristic flaws and virtues or was that only the trumps?

My aim is to use the fate deck in a similar manner to Everway, and instead of having elemental characteristics (which I like *for* Everway), to use the abilities and keywords of HeroWars (but no dice). I seem to have something about 1d20 and lowest roll is best, but thats a whole separate issue.

Ciao
Rusty