my replies to your replies to my questions

From: Robert William Vesterman <bob_at_vesterman.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:22:48 -0400

Thanks to everyone who responded to my HW questions. I have responses to some specific responses:

(1) Nick Brooke: I never said I wasn't satisfied with the number of cults.
I was just asking why stuff like "Uralda" was listed, but not described. However, although it really has nothing to do with what I was asking about, I do feel somewhat obligated to point out that the statement "there were less cult descriptions in some specific RQ supplement" relies at least somewhat upon saying that "Hoobergi (Rubber Master)- keyword: bouncy; affinities: grow rubber, vulcanize; worshippers: nerdy men in lab coats" is a cult description. Quantity and quality are not the same thing. But again, that has nothing to do with my question, and I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my question as dissatisfaction with the number of cults listed.

(2) David Dunham: You ask why I think that Urox, Eurmal and Elmal should be
in the main rulebook. I have no direct response to that. However, I do believe that they have more right to be in the main rulebook than, say, Hedkoranth, Vanganth, or Bevara. Eurmal is a Lightbringer, for christ's sake (and not a non-worshipped one). Elmal is the big kahuna head honcho god of many Heortlings. Urox is... Urox is... err... well, he'll beat you up if you don't let him in the main rulebook. But Bevara? Huh?

(3) Virtually everybody: You responded to my "why was this done" wealth
question with "So that heros don't have to be accountants" or "Because Gloranthans don't often use coins". That's great. But, you then deleted all of my simple, direct questions about how this wealth system actually worked, and didn't respond to them. These questions were virtually the only questions that anybody deleted from my post, and *everybody* deleted them. What I infer from this, and I apologize if I'm incorrect, is that a lot of you don't actually know how it works, and are as baffled about it as I am.

(4) Bryan: To each his own. Personally, I have paid far more money for far
worse Gloranthan supplements, and I will continue buying buying buying. Yeah yeah, I know, I'm encouraging poor editing. Great. I bought two copies of each book to make up for your lack of one, by the way, and am happy I did so, lack of index and all.

Bob Vesterman.