Re: Retconning the future....

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 02:04:57 +0100 (BST)

Jonas says:
> >The true date for the fall of the moon (which I hope isn't supposed to be
> >a big secret) is ca. 1655. This leaves you lot of time for a long
> >campaign.

Michael Cule:
> What? What? What? Why????? When did this happen? Is this some subtle
> chronological joke that I missed in KoS or is it some more recent bit of
> retcon? Mutter bloody mutter....
>
> And is the 'revised official history' generally available?

What happens is this, as a rule. Greg leaks this sort of thing to assorted prospective authors, experts, and assorted other groupies, swearing them all to total secrecy, naturally. Then Greg does to a convention, and gets a drink or two in him... ;-) I think this was mentioned at Tentacles, last year? I honestly can't recall if I already knew at the time, since to be honest, I had had a drink or so myself...

> And then Peter Metcalfe says:
>
> >The Red Moon disappears at the end of the Hero Wars, so the
> >Lunars will be around for a while yet. They'll also be around
> >for a long time after this but since few are interested in
> >playing in fourth age glorantha, this doesn't really matter.
>
> They are? Oy! Where does this come from? Sources people please!

I don't think this is even Crypto-Official. It's more like, something that been hinted at by Greg, expounded upon by Nick et al, as the 'alternate take' to the conclusion that KoS is simply The End of Them. I think everyone agrees that the Lunars _as we know them_ aren't in such great shape, rather some outcome which can be construed as 'achieving a lunar cosmos' happens. Allegedly.

> And events always happen according to the Schedule. It's just that you
> are not authorised to see all of the Schedule, work unit.

Absolutely. There's the seed of a Lunar/Mostali/Kralori light-bulb joke, there.

Cheers,
Alex.