Re: Giant magic

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:03:24 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/00 3:43:38 GMT Daylight Time, CLemens_at_exchange.webmd.net writes:

<< Herve:
> Could there be an analogy between the giants you can meet and the True
Giants (montains) OOH and Dragonewts and True Dragons OTOH ?>>

    Mountain giants (i.e. the normal sort, that live *on* mountains, and which have stats in RQ) are degenerate True Giants (i.e. the ones that live *as* mountains and which even AR shies away from giving generic stats for). So the relationship isn't quite the same as that between dragons and dragonewts; indeed, almost the reverse.

<< If Giants have a magic, it is the magic of embodiment. >>

     Agreed. This is what I mean by saying that giant magic (in so far as such a thing exists) consists of *being* a giant, rather than doing anything with spell-like effects. I agree with much of the rest of your post, as well.

Trotsky