Re: EWF and failed heroquests

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:29:25 +0100 (BST)

Adam Benedict Canning suggests you can LBQ for:
> Gaining aid from solar enemies against chaos.

Solars helping you fight chaos? Sounds to me like Summon Chocolate Fireguard. ;-) In any event, Orlanth didn't get this result: by the time Yelm rose, Chaos had been defeated. (The gap between the two being the silver age/grey age.)

> Learning secrets [CA learns to heal the dead? Everyone learns they
> need Trickster.]

Not just any secret one likes, but certainly the objectives will be significantly different if the quest is undertaken by someone with a non-Orlanth POV. (Esp. if they're not simply there as a 'companion'...)

> Summoning Armies of Vingkotlings [At the gates of Dawn]

I'd say there was a connection here, but it's sort of the other way around; forming the Ring of the Vingkotlings is a _precursor_ to the LBQ. Once you'd normally do with your own community, but I'm sure there are variations upon variations...