Eurmal the Scapegoat

From: Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:32:35 -0500

     I was mulling over Eurmal's functions yesterday, when it occurred to me that Eurmal is also the scapegoat. Yet GoG lists no corresponding runespell for this aspect. So it occurred to me that there might be a Eurmal runespell/feat "Take Blame". The effect of this is to ritually transfer all guilt and blame for an action to the Eurmali performing the ritual. Thus even a divination would reveal that the Eurmali had committed the crime. This might be a good solution to a kinslaying. Persuading the Eurmali to take the blame, though, is another matter.

     Can anyone think of a myth that would revolve around Eurmal being blamed for something that *gasp* wasn't his fault?

Andrew E. Larsen