GWTS

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 17:04:32 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/00 8:42:21AM, you write:

<< need to know. For instanse, what if a sorcerous westener starts  experimenting on using Chaos to power his spells, instead of energy  shunted in from the sorcery plane? How does this work, and how will it  effect him/her? >>

But that *is* asking too much. If my Rinliddi Hero goes on a diet of birdseed for some reason do you need to know what effect this will have on his health? spiritual power? What if he has the occasional sandwich on fireday? This is detail that no one could be expected to generate. Even if you had general principles you would need to apply some sort of decision process to interpret this sort of detail. Later you might want to program it into the Objective Glorantha model but it seems unlikely to work.

One could say the unerlying reality of Glorantha is MGF, or even GWTF ("go with the story"), or even FTNGWTS, but I daresay that is not what proponents of Objective Glorantha are after.

Keith N