Puppeteers

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 07:52:32 +0100

Wulf wrote:

> Looking for any info on the Puppeteer troops. Anyone suggest a source
> sufficient to start writing up a HW background (I would say Cult, but
> that's assuming they are theistic, which is a fair, but not certain,
> assumption). Anything would help, if there's not much about I'll just
> have to start making it up :)

"Dragon Pass"/WB&Rm is the canonical source. They make a guest appearance in "Tarsh War" p.20. When I've GM'd that game, my presentation of the puppeteers themselves is influenced by Dr Talos' troupe from the Book of the New Sun. They use their illusion magic to create scenery, music, special effects and a "cast of thousands" for their dramatic presentations. I particularly enjoyed putting the Lunar officer corps in a trance during a all-night widescreen production of the History of the Empire of the Wyrms Friends trilogy, only to revive at dawn and discover Tarshite raiders had annihilated their camp...

Cheers, Nick