The Blue Book

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:47:06 +1300

David Cake:

> If its Ice Age Brithini, surely they can go and ask the
>Brithini? In Loskalm, for example, a fairly large number of the
>educated populace have probably attended the University at Sog? And
>while the Brithini at Sog probably do not date actually from the Ice
>Age,

They date from the Flood. But the answer probably is the Brithini are Zzaburite scum who have corrupted the original language for their own purposes.

> >It is the closest we can get today to the perfect, maximally
> >efficient and rigorously logical script of the Golden Age (which
> >is what the original copy of the Blue Book of Zzabur is written
> in, >incidentally - pity nobody knows how to read it any more)

>Bad luck for all those sorcerers who have the Blue Book as
>their grimoire, in place of the Abiding book, then.

A much inferior copy, I'm sure. I'd call it the Little Blue Book or "Quotations from Zzabur".

> Even so, I find it pretty unlikely that no one knows how to
>read the original Blue Book of Zzabur

I think he meant nobody knows how the words were originally pronounced despite being able to read it quite happily. Old and Middle Kingdom Egyptian texts suffer from this problem.