Why Rationalist Malkioni buried their Dead?

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:26:43 EST

In a message dated 12/13/00 7:40:31PM, you write: Terra Incognito asks;
<< Why Rationalist Malkioni buried their Dead? >>

and assuming that they do I am stuck for an answer. It is a good question though. I would think it would have a number of answers for a number of diffferent sects but ISTM that the inherent lack of a good reason to do anything with a body could explain the inferred Western tendency to become Living Dead. IMO the main drawback of Malkionism seems to be that it does not reassure the worshipper of a life after death. OK, so you can go to Solace, apparently, but that could be a big confidence trick played by the Wizards. Why do the Brithini not believe it? If that is the carrot what is the stick? It stil leaves the question open about whether it matters what happens to the body. I think the Brithini have mulitple ressurection attempts (I may have made that up) so there would be a purpose in preserving, in a reasonable state, the body for as long as possible (another source of vampiricsm - "he is only a vampire 'cos its the best way of keeping him fresh").

Goodness knows what the Rokari do, or more importantly, think. Perhaps they just follow their traditions, established in Pagan days, but that seems non-MGF, unless it were a persecuted practice.

Keith N