Loskalmi metal

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:35:32 +1300

Jerome Blondel:

>In an answer someone mentioned a possible link between their
>secrets and the Book beyond Bronze (translat?) of the Loskalmi smiths'
>guild. Glorantha book says the metal of the sorcerer-knights' armors is a
>secret metal...

The metal is iron. The actual secret is how the Loskalmi got hold of the iron despite the Ban. IMO it's some sort of dark satanic mill that uses some morally disturbing process to make the required iron.

>Who did write this in the book?

The smiths guild of Loskalm.

>Is there an intended link [between them and the 3EB]?

Who knows? I'd say not since the 3EB were cut off from Loskalm during the Ban. While some 3EB may have been within Loskalm when the Ban Fell, I doubt any of them knew the secret of making iron out of nothing. OTOH the Loskalmi might have questioned them intensely and their answers allowed them to discover the secret of making iron.