Mostly HonEel

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:10:36 -0800

Peter Metcalfe says:

>IMO the Eel-Ariash was a commoners clan [snip]

>The Imperial connection isn't all that close as a) it was some
>time ago and b) the Emperor has a lot offspring, most of which
>belong to the Imperial Clan that rules the Silver Shadow.

        Aha, I had been fixated on the Eel-Ariash being a bunch of bigwigs. I hadn't considered that they were "new money." It makes sense, though.

>She didn't link herself to Maran Gor. She proved herself to
>the Ernaldans at Kordros Island. The linkage was Ernalda
>is the She-Who-Waits of the Seven Mothers.

        Several other people pointed this out. Thanks, I link Tarsh and the Shakers pretty closely; I wasn't thinking of the wider worship of the Earth. Ernalda is "She-Who-Waits?" Really? Or is she one force that can fill that spot and, in other situations, another god would fit? (Or, because HonEel is so Earth-focused she finds Earth in the position of "She-Who-Waits.")

[Dana Winston also corrects me]

>I can't see why the Lunars would, with their philosophy of change
>and transformation, require a HonEel clone.

        Well, that was my thought, too. On the other hand, Argrath thought it was a good idea to bring back Mr. Sheng. Of course, see how that turned out....

>She was IMO derelict in duty at the sack of Boldhome which
>allowed Harsaltar the Infant Terrible to gravely wound the
>Emperor. As a result of that disgrace, she

        Was there more to this thought?

>That is Yara Aranis. Her appearance is prefaced there with "The
>result of the Emperor's divine mating in hell came to the world
>the next winter." (tFS p62).

        Hmm. I was wrong, and for all the wrong reasons, too.

Dana Winston says:

>All this talk of Estal Donge and Termertain has got me to thinking of the
>value of their love child to anti -Argrath elements.

        I like to imagine engineers in Boldhome c1750 tearing down a wall and uncovering a tiny skeleton or two....

Greg Stafford says:

>Oh well, we know (:) she was doing ti for the good of the empire!

        Well, that's alright them. Let the sacrifices begin!

>"Inspiration of Moonson" is the official title. Both these have it. They
>are avatars of Sedenya.

        The avatar part is the thing I missed. Thanks. Is Yara Aranis also an avatar? Is there a First Inspiration, or is that the Goddess herself? How about a Fifth? Sixth?

>That is because JarEel is just starting on her career.

        There's more blood to come, then?

>Only for the good of the empire, of ocurse!!

        Well, that's alright then. As usal, thanks for the answers.

Peter Larsen