Re: The Newtling Statue

From: Topi Pitkanen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:11:30 +0200 (EET)

The Great Newt, I call him Tritor.

The newtling statue is there for inspiration!

Nice coincidence: the taxonomical name of newtling is Triturus Sapiens, and characters in my campaing are Trigosh and Thorion. The Rainbow Mounds was one of the first adventures we played - eleven years ago, and we're still playing the same Saga quite regularly (for which I'm proud). It took only about nine years to wake the statue :). Our play evolved somewhat during the time.

Our Tritor is still trapped in the statue, but is alive, awake, aware, and seeking a way to break the curse of newtlings. In their fight, the Old Rock Lizard cursed "the newtlings as a race to never accomplish anything". (They even needed beginning player characters to get rid of the rock mama !) The fact that Tritor made the rock lizards forever stupid in return has never helped the newtlings to achive much - and neither did destroying Old Rocky. Oh yes... Tritor posseses bachelor newts every once in a while.

"Any worldwiew that isn't strange is automatically false."