Re: Red Moon Risin' (a trifle long)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_sierratel.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 13:58:54 -0700

> Erik Nolander has:
> > A heretical thought: if the Empire succeeds
> > in killing Orlanth, would this mean the Red Moon would become more of a
> > Middle Air object, and so would seem to "be" more in the world than it
seems
> > now?
>
> Ironically, perhaps the reverse: if the Glowline is extended, then
> it starts to seem more like a Sky/Upper Air entity, rather than a
> Middle Air one.

Hmmm,

Totally theoretical/heretical -

Assuming they kill off Orlanth, the main "Middle Air" deity, then Rufelza/Sedenya/Moon-of-a-Thousand-Names could "take over" the Middle Air. *BUT* - she was originally a Sky deity, so killing off the heir of Umath might allow her to reascend to the Sky, "healing" the breach between Sky and Earth, bringing on a new Green Age!

I'm sure the dwarves would consider this a major step in repairing the machine - get rid of that pesky airy malfunction that keeps the two halves of the world machine apart...

RR