Lightfore

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:17:07 +1000

I've been using Nick Brooke's excellent Gloranthan Emphemeris to seek inspiration on heavenly matters: specifically the nightsky on Orlanth's High Holy Day, Windsnight/Motion/Storm. While Nick's program cannot give the precise details for each year (matters he spells out in his explanatory notes), its certainly good enough for me and my present purpose.

I notice that Lightfore crosses the constellation of Lokarnos on said night, and I'd like this to use this as a trigger event in conjunction with some star spears out of Lokarnos. My setting is Bilini, 1357 ST so I can tap into D. H. Mythology if necessary: however I wonder if anyone's done any work on the planet Lightfore in Orlanthi mythology?

I've looked at Terra's and Simon Phipp's Lightfore and star tribe sites (both excellent!), and the heavens info at Issaries. Any ideas or speculation would be gratefully received.

Cheers

John