Other Tales & Thralls

From: robert darvall <Robert.Darvall_at_general.monash.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:42:17 +1000

> John Hughes
> ...They must have fictions.

This is what my Amad tales were intended to be. Fireside folklore (they'd wanna be as I nicked most of 'em from Kathrine Briggs). How well this succeeded I'll leave to others to judge.

> Alex Ferguson
>
>I'll restate my question (since it didn't get answered). Is sex obtained >"by fear or favour" open to accusations of actual rape, or of any >accusation of improper, immoral, illegal, or "unHeortling" conduct?

Isn't rape Thed? So if the character has raped a thrall guilt will be established through an increase in chaos whereas if it was not rape there will be no taint & so it will not look like rape. Bring in the Uroxi.

The matter of nicking other clans women & enslaving them may well prove more problematic for your hearth mates. Cattle yes but slave raiding doesn't feel like it fits the Heortling character. Thraldom seems to have more to do with poverty & dispossession than deliberate raiding.

I would expect serious retaliation, either legal or military or both, from those offended. Possibly your clan of slavers could even be quested against being forced into the role of the Evil Emperor enslaving Ernalda. Bound to make your clan chief a little twitchy.