Re: Odayla

From: simonh_at_msi-uk.com
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:58:58 -0000

Julian :

>IMO, if Odayla were to send armies of ursine shocktroopers out to
conquer the
>universe (and succeeded), the Bear Rune could *become* a primal Rune
of Glorantha.
>Non-primal Runes cannot become Primal ones very easily of course ;
first, the
>current Runic structure of the cosmos must be destroyed ; then
*your* Rune must be
>added to the new Runic structure you want to set up.

I don't think it works like that. I think you need to prove that your rune always was a primal rune, and always should have been seen as such. But Bear is just a watered down version of Beast, so this clearly isn't so. The best you would get is Bearworld - the theme park bear short world.

>Oddly enough, this has actually occurred several times in the past.

Err.... when? Bearing (pun) in mind that 'in the past' and 'in myth' are two different things.

Simon Hibbs