Malkioni Immortality

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 15:56:26 +1200

Terra Incognita:

>The Enigma of Immortality for Monotheists is still the major culprit
>which prevents me from understanding. Some of Malkioni Heroes (Both of
>Ancient and Modern (Like Gundreken, Gaiseron and Theoblanc) Gloranthans)
>gained Longevity than ordinary people.

I assume that their piety has transformed their body from being gross matter (like ordinary people) to a more refined level of existence. This isn't immortality as they still grow old and die, but they do so at a much slower rate. They could live even longer by spending most of their time on the Spell plane IMO.
>And MSE Seshnelan Emperors seems under the Ordinary Men's Lifelimit.
>Why they didn't want to longevity as RW Chinese Emperors or Tolkien's
>Numenorians?

An interesting point. I don't know the answer but it will probably have a variety of causes.

>And I cannot find the term of "Vadel" in his Mythology of
>Danmalastan.

That's because the Vadeli were originally the Viymorni, the exploring tribe. After exploring the lawful world, they began to explore the forbidden and so became evil.

>We know at one point of History before Ice Waertag seems
>voluntarily abandoned idyllic? Danmalastan Life and became
>Half-Pagan and Ghost Worshippers with his famiry? What
>occured to them?

Although the Waertagi took to the seas during the Golden Age, I don't think they fell to worshipping pagan gods or acquired aquatic mutations until the Great Darkness.

>If Vadeli Vileness suspends their Immortality, they cannot do good acts
>without breaking their Taboo. I don't know Greg knows how to answer the
>orignal Difference of Vadeli and Brithini.

The Vadeli do evil acts because it's their way to know God. Greg's mentioned the Cainists, a Christian sect that broke the laws of the Old Testament because they believed that it was an invention of an Evil God and not Christ. IMO the Vadeli make a similar distinction between the Laws that they knew and the understanding they've acquired from their explorations of the forbidden.

>(I think Brithini can be very evil as Vadeli to others.)

The unpleasantness of the Brithini is different to the evil of the Vadeli. The Brithini can do horrible things to other people but they do so to preserve their lives and lifestyle (which is really an ultra conservative parody of normal Malkioni lives and thus not evil in itself). The Vadeli habitually do acts that are evil, cruel or just plain disgusting because that's the way they live.