Tomatoes and Pent

From: Richard Crawley <RichC_at_SYPTE.CO.UK>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:01:22 -0000

Oliver wrote:
<< Someone on the Digest way back once whose identity now escapes me (sorry) mentioned that the tomato looks like a moon rune when cut in half >>

Ooh ooh! That was me I think - a silly tale about a tomato that was found to contain some Lunar slogan when cut open. Nice to have someone remember one of my few (my only?) contribution to Gloranthan lore.

BTW Pentand appears in the name of several varieties of vegetable (mostly potatoes - Pentland Squire, Pentland Javelin) because it's the location of the plant breeding establishment where the varieties originated. Perhaps that's what the Lunar colonists in Pent are doing?

Richard Crawley