Peltasts, Babs and Maran Gor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:37:24 +1200

Gregory Privat:

>About the lunar peltasts, I ve made the choice to use thracian tribal
>warriors, essentially because they got that first quarter moon shaped
>shield. For what i remember from thunder rebel, those troups are good at
>pursuit and ambushes and (here i m not sure) close to what miniatures
>wargamers call "irregular" troops. The question is do they wear an uniform
>like dress ?

I suppose one could always give them a standard cloak with a different colour on both sides. The normal color would be red for public duties while the inside would be dark for ambushes.

>i m not at home, i can t look in my books to answer to this question : what
>is the difference beetween maran and babeester.

Babeester Gor is a warrior goddess that takes vengeance against those that defile the earth. Maran Gor is a more general goddess of the destructive powers of the earth (infertility, earthquakes etc).

>Also, what are the geographical "zone " where u find those, and which one is
>the more numerous (in cultists).

Maran Gor is found among Peace Clan Orlanthi and the Exiles whereas Babeester is more specialized and found in large numbers only in Esrolia.

>I remember that maran high priestes are pretty fat, are the babeester ones
>fat too ?

No. They are drunks tho.

>Last question is do you have an idea of those cults main color ?

Babs paint themselves depending on who they are after. Red hands and black limbs means they are cutting men down to size. White Right Limbs and Green Left Limbs means they are after spirits. Red and Yellow on the face and limbs means they intend to exterminate an entire bloodline, clan or other group.

I can't find any colour for Maran which means that standard earth colours of green and brown are safest.

>Oh, i forgot, which ones of maran's or babeester's cultists are red haired
>women ?

None of them AFAIK - Vinga is associated with Red Haired Women. This doesn't stop an individual Maran or Babs cultist being red-haired tho.

--Peter Metcalfe