Tessele

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:54:12 +0200

Gian Gero wrote
> Ok, but I read in the Glorantha site (thanks be given
> to Google) that Stephen Martin wrote she has a Combat
> Affinity and Dario Corallo paints her in the tradetalk
> site as an elder shaman with a Y rune staff.
>
> Isn't she connected to the truth rune? (Altough all
> this combat + truth rune stuff stinks of Humakti)

Worshippers of her subcult appear to have been the runelords of the Caladra & Aurelion cult in the RQ era. I was confused by her nickname but the meaning of her Truth may be that she's true to her lost love.

There's also a fire rune on the Tradetalk picture, if that can help dissipate any other similarity with Humakt.

> I suppose that if all the scanty references are those
> ones, anything may go, but being also mentioned by
> Belintar in his book I figured her to be more
> important than a silver age shaman-hero.

In his book she rather sounds like the goddess of Truth... I think the scene takes place on the Godplane and Tessele the True, the Silver Age hero, takes the role of the goddess of Truth here.

Jerome

Do You Yahoo!?