Now and Xem

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:50:42 +0100

Chris asked, incredulously:

> Is that really, truly the policy? Anything obtained from the
> GTA archives are to be esoteric knowledge only shared with those
> that we confirm are also entitled to see it?

'fraid so. (Ever wonder why the mailing lists feel so neutered?)

Kevin asked:

> Does anyone know the current (1620s) status of Xemstown, a Third Age
> troll colony in Jonatela?

It's been speculated that Xemstown is still "under the Ban" (there's a couple of 'pockets' still inside Jonatela), meaning its eventual emergence (whether occupied, deserted, transformed...) can be a major Hero Wars event for local campaigns.

Cheers, Nick