Re: Uz Sight

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:39:27 -0700

RobStoll_at_aol.com thusly:

> I was actually thinking that there must be "dark
> stars" out there that Uz can see (and possibly, that hoomanz can't).

There *is* the cult of the Black Sun in the Kingdom of Ignorance, IIRC. OTOH, a black *sun* is something trolls could see even with their bad eyes; I don't think they could see stars of any color. Too small, too far away.

Random thought: I wonder how "blue moon plateau" translates in Darkspeech? I mean, yes, the trolls of the Blue Moon Plateau can allegedly see the color blue, so *they* might have a word for it--but it's got to be mystifying to all the other trolls. Probably adds to their reputation for weirdness.

"Where did you say you're from?"

"The 'blue' moon plateau."

"...and what's 'blue'?"

"Well, it's kind of like 'red', only different."

There was a comic book way back when in which a Green Lantern tried to recruit someone from a race which completely lacked vision. Yes, his ring could translate languages, but there were some problems with basic concepts. Like in the Oath:

    In [untranslatable],
    In [untranslatable],
    No evil shall escape my [untranslatable].     Let those who worship evil's might
    Beware my power, [untranslatable]!

End of Glorantha Digest